Measuring Progress Since 1924

Phone: 503-284-5896

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is …… getting an elevation certificate for flodd insurance?


photo of houses being floodedWhat is an elevation certificate? Elevation certificates determine the difference in elevation between your house and the base flood elevation.

The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) have community panels which depict areas prone to flooding.

Elevation certificates mush be signed and stamped by a land surveyor, engineer or architect. Most elevation certificates are prepared by land surveyors.


survey ninja


Related Topics

Comments are closed.

Who Is W.B. Wells?

In 1924, after graduating from Stanford University, Willard B. Wells founded W.B. Wells & Assoc. Inc in Portland, Oregon. Willard’s philosophy was to provide a quality product for a reasonable fee. We still follow Willard’s philosophy today.
Learn More.