Summary: Responsible for planning and directing all the functional activities of the Seattle branch office including marketing, sales, accounting, materials management, technical support, and general administration. Additionally, this position will supervise others, including but not limited to grading design, water main design, storm water design, sanitary water design, detention design, parking lot design, and roadway design.
Requires advanced knowledge of CAD and design software to complete the above.
Possesses good writing and communication skills, knowledge of local agency standards, and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operational responsibilities include:
- Establishes and monitors the office goals and progress.
- Prepares an annual budget in coordination with pertinent management.
- Reviews, on a continuous basis, the general business climate for the office to develop new business opportunities, ensure excellent customer service, expand business, and maintain existing relationships with vendors.
- Promotes a marketing and promotional program aimed at increasing sales and measuring office and company performance.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures designed to promote office philosophy within and outside the company, and to build a company image.
- Controls the process of attaining higher office and company productivity by analyzing organizational structure and systems, identifying resources (staff, equipment, funds) required, and communicating with pertinent department managers on the supporting strategies and needs involving company strategies.
- Monitors sales and market trends through publications and customer contact.
- Develops new business opportunities through industry networking.
- Technical Responsibilities includes the following
- Possesses ability to create an entire plan. *
- Computes calculations. *
- Coordinates with agencies. *
- Assists those making revisions. *
- Uses CAD and other software. *
- Continues education through seminars, classes and additional readings.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: PE license and Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience, and eight years of experience after licensure.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Prior corporate managerial experience
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Written and oral Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service and relations
- Time Management
- Budget and Business Budget Analysis
- Market Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Microsoft Office and internet software
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office;
- Spreadsheet software;
- Design software (i.e. Civil3D and/or MicroStation and InRoads)
- Microsoft Project or other scheduling software, and
- Internet software
1. Develops and maintains an effective office through the selection, termination, training, compensation, review, and motivation of employees.
2. Develops and maintains a program for high performance standards and sound employee relations at all levels of the office.
3. Provides guidance and direction to employees to assist them in their professional development.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Send application materials to email@example.com.