At Emerio, we are building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. With a culture that embraces these values and a diverse team already in place, we aspire to create opportunities for women and people of color at all levels of our company. We are looking for team members who embrace these values and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Summary: This position reports to the Controller and works closely with the Project Managers and Owner in helping manage the financial aspect of projects and assists in ensuring the Accounting Department runs effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up new project records in accounting software and network folders.*
- Read client and sub-consultant contracts and set up contract parameters (budgets, billing type, billing terms) in the accounting software.*
- Maintain/update/track budgets as needed.*
- Prepare sub-consultant invoices for Project Manager review and enter into accounting system.*
- Communicate with sub-consultants regarding invoices, budgets, and authorizations.*
- Prepare and review with Project Managers monthly draft billings, make necessary changes and finalize invoices with any required backup.*
- Assemble, mail/e-mail, and save compiled invoices.
- Lead accounts receivable collections and communicate with clients regarding invoices, budgets, and authorizations.*
- Help Project Managers understand their project’s status with regards to earned value and estimate at completion, to flag for any needed additional service requests.*
- Prepare public works billing rate schedules for review.*
- Prepare any requested custom/ad-hoc reports either in accounting software and/or Excel.*
- Assist Project Managers with accounting software and accounting procedures when necessary.*
- Close/archive inactive projects.
- Attend staff meetings and project meetings when applicable.
- Process daily cash receipts as needed.
- Assist in monthly close process.*
- Additional projects may be required and contributing as necessary to ensure the Accounting Department is successful is vital to this position.
- Additional administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific to this role: A strong work ethic and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is required.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and 2-3 years of Project Accountant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common instructions or documents. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to interact effectively with co-workers.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Analytical thinking and understanding cause/effect in relation to project financial status is required.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, network drives, email, and internet browsers, as well as advanced knowledge of Excel. Experience with financial management/accounting software, such as Deltek Ajera or another similar program, is a plus, but not required.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid Driver’s License required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. It is a fast-paced work environment which requires the ability to prioritize and respond quickly to requests.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Work often requires repetitive movements of hands, wrists and fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Send application materials to email@example.com.