We are building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. With a culture that embraces these values and a diverse team already in place, we aspire to create opportunities for women and people of color at all levels of our company. We are looking for team members who embrace these values and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Summary: Assist in leading the Public Works Engineering Department, responsible for planning and directing a variety of the functional activities including maintaining staff, scheduling staff time, marketing, sales, managing projects and budgets and general administration related to the Public Works Engineering Department.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Communicate diplomatically and effectively with others including staff, clients and partners.
2. Manage projects (client communications, budget, scope, and efficient schedule) in order to be profitable.
3. Conduct research, assess level of effort, and prepare statements of work and proposals (RFP/RFQ).
4. Along with others, establish and monitor the Public Works Department goals and progress.
5. Along with others, review, on a continuous basis, the general business climate for the department to develop new business opportunities, ensure excellent customer service, expand business, and maintain existing relationships with clients.
6. Promote a marketing and promotional program aimed at increasing sales and measuring department and company performance.
7. Along with others, develop and implement policies and procedures designed to promote a collaborative team philosophy within and outside the company, and to build a positive company image.
8. Along with others, refine the process of attaining higher office and company productivity by analyzing organizational structure and systems, identifying resources (staff, equipment, funds) required, and communicating with pertinent department managers on the supporting strategies and needs involving company strategies.
9. Monitor sales and market trends through publications, client contact and business environment.
10. Develop new business opportunities through industry networking and negotiation.
11. Provide feedback and input to the Principal on Emerio’s future and development.
12. Use and promote Emerio’s QA program and help to provide periodic enhancements, and staff education.
13. Use or have extensive knowledge of Civil3D, Microstation, OpenRoads, Bluebeam and other design software as needed.
14. Continue education through seminars, classes and additional readings.
15. Participate and represent Emerio Design in professional organizations and at functions.
16. Perform other related duties as needed and assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and 20 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ten years of experience managing project teams preparing bid and construction documents preferred.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Office; spreadsheet software; design software (i.e. Civil3D and/or MicroStation, OpenRoads, and Bluebeam); project management software (i.e. MS Project), network drives, email, internet browsers, and management systems as dictated by project requirements.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid Driver’s License required, and must possess a professional engineering license certified by the state of Oregon and must be in good standing with the Oregon State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying (OSBEELS).
1. Along with others, develop and maintain an effective department through the selection, training, compensation, review and motivation of employees.
2. Along with others, develop and maintain a program for high performance standards and sound employee relations.
3. Provide guidance and direction to employees to assist them in their professional development.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.