Senior Structural Engineer
The successful candidate must perform project level engineering and be able to supervise others in project level engineering to include, but not limited to, retaining walls, small to mid-size commercial buildings and foundations, and light or signal pole foundations. The successful candidate will also be responsible for marketing, sales, managing projects and budgets and general administration related to public works structural projects.
This position requires advanced knowledge of CAD and design software to complete the above. The successful candidate must possess writing and communication skills, and knowledge of local agency standards and specifications. Other responsibilities are described as follows.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Possesses ability to prepare and supervise staff in the preparation of project related design documents, including an entire plan, specification, and estimate package for bidding and construction.*
- Provide engineer’s certification (i.e. stamp and signature) of bidding and construction documentation and professional reports and calculations prepared under his/her supervision.*
- Conduct research, assess level of effort, and prepare proposals.
- Review, on a continuous basis, the general business climate to develop new business opportunities, ensure excellent customer service, expand business and maintain existing relationships with clients.
- Promote a marketing and promotional program aimed at increasing sales and measuring department and company performance.
- Develop new business opportunities through industry networking.
- Computes structural calculations.*
- Communicate effectively with others.*
- Coordinate effectively with agencies.*
- Uses CAD and other structural related software.*
- Proficient in Word and Excel.*
- Budget time and also track projects’ scope, schedule and budget.
- Able to market and attract new clients and/or project contracts.
- Write proposals and negotiate fees.
- Continue education through seminars, classes and additional readings.
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and four to six years related experience and/or training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office; spreadsheet software; CAD; design software (i.e. structural); internet software; and project management software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License and must possesses a professional engineering license certified by the State of Oregon and must be in good standing with the Oregon State Board of Engineering Examiners and Licensees (OSBEELS).
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Send your cover letter and resume (in PDF format) to email@example.com
After the Introductory Period of 90 days, in addition to the salary, Emerio Design, LLC would be pleased to offer:
- Vacation – 1 week (Paid Time Off – includes Sick Leave)
- Paid Holidays – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage – Health Net (eligible first day of the month following 60 days of employment)
- Health Club Membership
- 401K Enrollment – eligible after 90 days (3% match)