At Emerio, we are building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable team. With a culture that embraces these values and a diverse team already in place, we aspire to create opportunities for women and people of color at all levels of our company. We are looking for team members who embrace these values and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Summary: Engineers projects and can supervise others, including but not limited to grading design, water main design, storm water design, sanitary water design, detention design, parking lot design and roadway design. Possesses knowledge of federal, state, and local agency standards.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Possesses ability to prepare and supervise staff in the preparation of project-related design documents, including an entire plan, specification, and estimate package for bidding and construction.
- Provides engineer’s certification (i.e. stamp and signature) of bidding and construction documentation and professional reports and calculations prepared under his/her supervision.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Coordinates effectively with agencies.
- Communicates and coordinates with client and partner technical staff as needed and assigned by Project Manager.
- Advanced use of Civil3D, MicroStation, OpenRoads, Bluebeam, and other design software as needed.
- Computes calculations.
- Assists those making revisions.
- Ability to perform Roadway Modeling.
- Works on marketing and getting clients when there are opportunities.
- Continues education through seminars, classes, and additional readings.
- Budgets and tracks projects (time, scope, staff, and schedule).
- Supervises and/or provides direction and oversight of subordinate engineers and designers.
- Demonstrates proficiency in mentoring junior team members.
- Demonstrates proficiency in building and managing teams.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and ten years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office; spreadsheet software; design software (i.e., Civil3D and/or MicroStation, OpenRoads, and Bluebeam); internet software; and project management software.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid Driver’s License required; must possess a professional engineering license certified by the State of Oregon and must be in good standing with the Oregon State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying (OSBEELS).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.